5/9/2021 | 1:00 PM
GLENDALE, Wis. – The Edgewood College Baseball team dropped a pair of conference games against Milwaukee School of Engineering on Saturday. The Eagles fell 9-1 in the first contest and 4-0 in the second. Errors proved costly in game one for the Eagles, while solid pitching and defense from both sides made for a low scoring affair in game two.
RAIDERS 9, EAGLES 1 (GAME ONE)
– Edgewood College (11-24, 5-13 NACC) struggled to figure out MSOE pitching on Saturday, only collecting three hits in game one. Adam Cairo led the Eagles at the plate, connecting on two of his four at-bats and collecting the only RBI for Edgewood College.
– MSOE (15-13, 12-6 NACC) got off to a 4-0 lead after just two innings, scoring two runs in the sixth inning and three in the bottom of the eighth frame.
– Overall the Eagles were outhit 10-3 by the Raiders. Nick Stricker, Blake Hall, and Justin Bickman each laced doubles for the Raiders. Josh Beier, Bickman, and Kyle Labedz each collected two hits for MSOE.
– It was a tough game in the field for the Eagles, as six of the Raiders nine runs were unearned.
– Nick Holland pitched a complete game for the Eagles, collecting four strikeouts and only allowing three earned runs. Tyler Gronert earned the win for the Raiders, collecting nine strikeouts and only allowing three hits.
RAIDERS 4, EAGLES 0 (GAME TWO)
– In the nightcap Edgewood College struggled to plate runs, with seven Eagles left on base despite collecting six hits as a team. Alex Prindle led the Eagles bats, going 2-for-4 at the plate. Conner Goodwin, Cooper Holewinski, Joseph Kalafut, and Maximo Alanis each collected one hit for the Eagles.
– MSOE managed to score all four of their runs in the bottom of the sixth inning. Micah Overley, Hall, Bickman, and Besch each collected doubles for the Raiders. Overley and Besch each collected two hits.
– Kyle Jungers pitched a complete game, holding the Raiders bats to just four runs and striking out four. Jeffery Stanish earned the win for the Raiders, pitching 1.1 innings and striking out two.
– Edgewood College will host MSOE tomorrow in a NACC twinbill at Stampfl Field. The Eagles will be celebrating the careers of 2020 seniors Jacob Popp and Richie Couglin as well as the 2021 seniors, Peyton Henry, Bryan Niznik, and Max Orput. The game is also sponsored by LSM Chiropractic. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.