CLAY COUNTY, Florida – Several Clay County nonprofits are trying to bridge the gap to reach out to their neighbors who could use their help.
Several nonprofit organizations in Clay County are trying to bridge the gap to reach their neighbors who could use their help.
Tiffany, who lives in Clay County, is the mother of six children. “It’s always a big need with kids,” he said.
Sometimes he worries about getting to the end and measure.
“My husband and I try to work harder when we can,” she said.
Even buying essential items can seem difficult.
“I’ve noticed that the prices of things have gone up very significantly, especially in food,” he said.
In Clay County, the food pantry of lake area ministers has seen a 46% increase in people in need of food.
Meanwhile, Nonprofit Response, which helps connect people with resources, has seen its customers go from 30 to more than 160 a month.
The three main needs that the group sees are: housing (52.9%), public service assistance (11.9%) and connections with mental health care (7.1%).
“A lot of people [are] losing his job, so it’s almost doubled here in Keystone, ”said Amy Houston, director of the Clay County Rescue Mission.
The church’s Mission of the Dirt Road brought together several nonprofits on Saturday to reach more people at once.
“For women, we have makeup, clothes and a lot of resources here,” Houston said.
There were over 20 vendors there. If you live in Clay County, you can still access all of these resources, even if you couldn’t make the event on Saturday – it’s just a phone call or a click.
All of these groups work together to connect people with the support they need. “We want it to be easier for you,” Houston said. “And we want to give you that point of contact or actually get you to that point of contact.”
Tiffany picked up some items for her family and is grateful for the hand. “It feels really good,” Tiffany said.
Here is a complete link to these different organizations and contact information:
- Dirt road mission
- Description: Church that hosts neighborhood events; distribute food and hygiene / cleaning items during the pandemic; organization of educational presentations; offer free coffee and WiFi a couple of times a week; and collaborate with other local agencies such as Lake Area Ministries, Answers Resource Facility, local schools and the health department.
- Website: https://missionofthedirtroad.com/
- Phone number: 1-601-568-3473
- Response Resource Facility
- Description: Answers Resource Facility is a fully operational non-profit organization that has been serving women and families in the Lake Lake region since 2011.
- Website: Findanswersnow.org
- Phone number: 352-473-100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Healthcare
- Description: In the United States, UnitedHealthcare offers health benefit programs for all ages and lifestyles. This includes individuals, employers, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Website: https://www.uhc.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Elite insurance
- Montgomery Presbytarian Conference Center
- Seeds of Love Ministry
- Description: According to the website, its mission is to “help churches fulfill the Great Commission by training lay people, lay leaders, and pastors through seminars and equipping sessions on practical methodologies and evangelistic practices and then going out and put into practice what we have learned. “
- Website: https://seedsofloveministries.org/
- Email: Seedsofloveministryinc@gmail.com
- Description: According to its website, Mercy Auto “will provide access to reliable, inspected, affordable and high-quality transportation with the goal of increasing access to anyone pursuing self-sustainability.”
- Website: https://mercyauto.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cricket website
- Description: Cricket Wireless Authorized Dealer. Locations in Bronson, High Springs, Kanapaha / Gainesville, Jonesville and Old Town, Florida.
- Email: email@example.com