Happy Saturday, Orange County! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today. Here’s everything going on today in Orange County.
First, today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High: 79 Low: 58.
High tide on Saturday is at 5:54 a.m. at 3.15 feet and a second high tide at 6:04 p.m. at 4.95 feet. Low tide will be at 11:15 a.m. at 1.67 feet.
Sunrise Saturday is at 5:46 a.m. and sunset will be at 8:06 p.m.
Here are the top stories today in Orange County:
- After more than a year of social distancing, Orange County readies for the Fourth of July weekend. (Los Angeles Times).
- An Irvine woman was pulled from her shower as her apartment was robbed. Two suspects sought. (Patch).
- Orange County well represented on All-CIF baseball teams (every division listed). How well did your team do in the season that almost wasn’t? (OC Sports Zone).
- In a final daily update of COVID-19 stats, Orange County shows uptick in hospitalizations (OCRegister).
- Find Cheap Gas In Orange County As Fuel Costs Level For The Week (Patch).
- After several delays, a park honoring the first people of San Juan Capistrano could open this summer (Los Angeles Times).
Today in Orange County
- July 4th Country Fair – Rides & Festival 2021: Brea (9 AM)
- 4th Of July Celebration 2021: Pretend City, Irvine (9 AM)
- 3rd of July Celebration & Fireworks 2021: Orange (4 PM)
- Summer of Music Continues at The District in Tustin 7/2 & 7/3! (5 PM)
- ‘Big Bang On The Bay’ July 3 BBQ & Fireworks 2021: Long Beach (5:30 PM)
- Independence Day Patriotic Drive-Thru 2021: Laguna Niguel (7:30 PM)
- July 4th Patriotic Light Show 2021: Town Green, Ladera Ranch (8 PM)
- Knott’s Berry Farm July 3rd & 4th Fireworks 2021: Buena Park (9 PM)
- #wecelebrate independence day at Weden (7 AM)
- Throwback: ROBERT CRAIS at Book Carnival (11 AM)
Orange County Patch Notebook
- Orange County Register: “In the US, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimates the variant accounts for 26% of new COVID cases.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Parks: “Tonight we boogied to international touring sensation @uptownfunkusa & @greasyspoons. It was indeed a night to remember.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Fire Authority: “We are really excited to announce that station 59 in San Clemente put their new KME truck into service this afternoon.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Guide | SoCal: “Bubble fest starts Tomorrow @thediscoverycube July 2 @ 10:00 am – July 18 @ 5:00 pm Mega Bubblefest and Laser Sh…” (Instagram)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- 4th Of July Celebration 2021: Pretend City, Irvine (July 3)
- July 4th Country Fair – Rides & Festival 2021: Brea (July 3)
- 3rd of July Celebration & Fireworks 2021: Orange (July 3)
- Summer of Music Continues at The District in Tustin 7/2 & 7/3! (July 3)
- ‘Big Bang On The Bay’ July 3 BBQ & Fireworks 2021: Long Beach (July 3)
- Independence Day Patriotic Drive-Thru 2021: Laguna Niguel (July 3)
- July 4th Patriotic Light Show 2021: Town Green, Ladera Ranch (July 3)
- Knott’s Berry Farm July 3rd & 4th Fireworks 2021: Buena Park (July 3)
- July 4th Surf City Run, Parade, Fireworks 2021: Huntington Beach (July 4)
- July 4th Parade, Fest & Fireworks 2021: Anaheim Hills (July 4)
- July 4th Firecracker 5K / 10K Run 2021: Anaheim Hills (July 4)
- July 4th Red, White & Blue 5K 2021: Angel Stadium, Anaheim (July 4)
- July 4th Bike Parade & Festival 2021: Newport Beach (July 4)
- Fourth Of July ‘Bike & Walk’ Parade 2021: Villa Park (July 4)
- July 4th Parade & Carnival Celebration 2021: Aliso Viejo (July 4)
- Newport Dunes July 4th Fest & Fireworks 2021: Newport Beach (July 4)
- July 4th Parade & Celebration 2021: Mariners Park Newport Beach (July 4)
- July 4th Un-Parade & Scavenger Hunt 2021: Trabuco Canyon (July 4)
- July 4th & Live Music 2021: Cook’s Corner, Trabuco Canyon (July 4)
- 4th Of July 3-Day Carnival & Fireworks 2021: San Juan Capistrano (July 4)
- Old Glory July 4th Boat Parade 2021: Newport Beach (July 4)
- July 4th Concert On Green & Fireworks 2021: Irvine: CANCELED (July 4)
- July 4th Fireworks, Flyover & Music 2021: La Habra (July 4)
- 4th Of July Spectacular & Fireworks 2021: Yorba Linda (July 4)
- 4th Of July Concert & Fireworks 2021: Lake Forest (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks & Live Music 2021: Laguna Hills (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks & ‘All-American Blast’ 2021: Tustin (July 4)
- July 4th Elton John Tribute & Fireworks 2021: Irvine (July 4)
- July 4th Fireworks 2021: Santa Ana: UPDATE: CANCELED (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks At Waterfront 2021: Long Beach (July 4)
- July 4th Fireworks 2021: Joint Forces Training Base, Los Alamitos (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks 2021: Doheny State Beach, Dana Point (July 4)
- July 4th Fireworks Display 2021: San Clemente Pier (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks 2021: Laguna Beach (July 4)
- 4th Of July Fireworks Spectacular 2021: Mission Viejo (July 4)
- Disneyland July 4th Fireworks 2021: Anaheim (July 4)
- ‘Garden Sprites’ Preschool Dance Class 2021: Sherman Gardens (July 7)
- OPENING: Festival Of Arts & Pageant Of Masters 2021: Laguna Beach (July 7)
- ‘Alone Together’ Pie Baking Class Online 2021: Pie Hole, LA/OC (July 9)
- Tennis Lessons for the Whole Family! (July 10)
- 2021 Mesa Water District Water Quality Report Now Available (Details)
- Aliso Viejo Tennis Program – Tennis Instruction for Everyone! (Details)
- Teen Health Privacy (Details)
- Unzoned Southwestern Dream Property (Details)
Gigs & services:
- Bonded Pair of Senior Dogs Need Foster Home (Details)
Alrighty, you’re all good for today! See you tomorrow morning for another update. If you’re into these newsletters, consider bringing some more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Ashley Ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been a columnist and online news editor since 2007.
Prior to joining Patch, she worked as a staff writer for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News Newspaper–in print and online. She was a co-founder of the southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com–and prior to that, a freelance journalist for such publications as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN.com), and still owns the local southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has worked as a writer on the web since the late 1990s. She is a graduate of the University of Arizona, with a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences. Wife, and mother of two daughters, she is the author of multiple romantic suspense novels. www.ashleyludwig.com
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Email all inquiries to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally Appeared Here