The number of companies offering telemedicine services has increased enormously over the last year, given the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hers is a telehealth company that sells prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and personal care products aimed at women. The brand was designed as the equivalent of the popular men’s health site, Hims, which provides telecare services aimed at men.
Its offers convenient access to prescription medications, such as birth control, to those who need it without taking time off work for appointments. The company’s vision is to empower clients to take control of their physical, mental and physical health, while limiting waiting time and the hassle of face-to-face appointments.
Her medical advisory board, made up primarily of women doctors, guides medical advice and product recommendations.
Keep reading to see if yours is right for you.
- Limited waiting time: The medical professional will contact you within 24 hours
- free shipping
- subscription services, so you don’t have to worry about running out of product or prescription
- free resources and personal care
- no virtual, telephone or face-to-face visits are available
- limited ability to assess medical conditions
- does not accept insurance
- limited recipes available
- little information on the website about the price of subscriptions, services and follow-ups
Its use is simple and can be accessed from anywhere. Here are the steps to get started using yours.
Create your profile
The first step is to set up your profile.
Its using an encrypted data platform to ensure that all information provided is kept private. Enter basic information about yourself and answer questions about your lifestyle, health, medical history, and current symptoms.
You must also register to obtain a subscription and pay for a medical consultation.
Fill out a medical questionnaire
After setting up, you will complete some questions about your specific medical concern and symptoms.
Within 24 hours, a licensed medical professional will contact you to assess your needs. They will talk to you through the online platform to give you a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
Get your treatment plan
Once the licensed medical professional has analyzed the symptoms and found a diagnosis, they will help you decide on a treatment plan.
If a prescription is needed, it is mailed discreetly and conveniently to your home. Many of the treatments are sold through a monthly subscription.
Its offers services and products for general health, sexual health, skin care and hair care.
Health and wellness services
Yours has virtual services available for:
- Primary care. Its offers a treatment of assessment of symptoms and basic medical conditions. A licensed healthcare professional will evaluate your symptoms and recommend an appropriate treatment plan.
- Mental health. You can be evaluated by a qualified psychiatrist, talk about your mental health issues and find a treatment plan. Medications can be prescribed and delivered to your door. Anonymous group support sessions are offered so you can find support and learn strategies to meet any challenge.
Maintaining healthy hair and preventing hair loss can be a common concern. Its offers a wide range of hair and scalp care products:
- Shampoo ($ 19). This formula is designed to cleanse the scalp of buildup and oils that cause hair loss.
- Conditioner ($ 23.50). This formula is designed to add moisture, untangle and prevent excess spillage.
- Detox Scrub Scrub ($ 22). The scrub exfoliates and removes the buildup of the scalp.
- Quick Repair Mask ($ 22). This treatment moisturizes the hair to obtain softer and shiny strands.
- 2% Minoxidil for Women ($ 15). This solution is proven to promote hair regrowth.
- Eyelash serum. Only available with a prescription, Latisse serum can help make your lashes longer and thicker.
Your skin care line addresses two of the most common skin care concerns: acne and aging. Products are only available after signing up for the service.
Hers skin care options include:
- Depth cleaner. This moisturizing cleanser helps cleanse acne-prone skin with a blend of red algae extract and rosehip seed.
- Moisturizing for tidal waves. Ultra moisturizing, this non-clogging moisturizer is designed for acne-prone skin.
- Acne cream. This personalized moisturizer with prescription capacity is available for both teenagers and adults. The blend of ingredients and strength are designed for your specific needs. The formula includes tretinoin, niacinamide, clindamycin phosphate, zinc pyrithione and azelaic acid.
- Anti-aging cream. This cream is made with prescription prescription tretinoin (a derivative of vitamin A) to help skin texture and the appearance of fine lines.
Hers offers a simple approach to basic sexual health needs, such as birth control and treatments for yeast infections.
- Birth control it can be frustrating and expensive. Its goal is to be a simple and affordable option delivered directly to your door. Her birth control plans start at $ 12 a month. They offer a selection of single-phase, two-phase, three-phase, progestin-only and extended-cycle birth control options.
- Treatment of yeast infection de Hers comes with three miconazole-filled applicators. If you have never had a yeast infection, it is best to visit a doctor in person to get a diagnosis. If you have had any, yeast infection can be treated with over-the-counter medications, such as the one offered by Hers. Consult a doctor if the yeast infection is not cured with over-the-counter treatment or returns within 3 months.
- Management of genital herpes is available by prescription. Your prescribes valaciclovir to help control and prevent herpes outbreaks.
More general sexual health products are available, such as condoms, lubricants, and vibrators.
Its offers supplements to promote your health from within, including:
- Herbal tea created in a relaxing or sleepy tea blend
- Biotin jelly beans designed to help strengthen hair, nails and skin
- Collagen peptide powder designed to support the health of the skin, muscles and joints
Its offers a solution for those who want basic medical care quickly and conveniently. If you want to avoid going to a busy office and taking time off work, yours may be a good choice for you.
If yours has a recipe right for you, the product that arrives right at your door every month saves you time.
That said, not all medical questions and issues can be answered through the virtual platform. There is a possibility that yours may not meet your concerns or have a product that suits your needs.
His does not accept any medical insurance. This means that the products manufactured by Hers and all services are out-of-pocket expenses.
If you decide to send the prescription to a local pharmacy, your insurance can cover the prescription.
The cost of the visit with an authorized medical professional is $ 39. The price of the products offered by Hers ranges from 10 to 100 dollars.
Hims & Hers is licensed in all 50 states to provide online health services.
There is currently a lawsuit pending against its parent company, Hims, for sending spam messages.
Because medical services are confidential, customer reviews are not available for all of your products and services.
Over-the-counter hair care, supplements and sexual health products are rated 4 to 5 stars (out of 5) on the Hers website.
Some Hims and Hers products are available at stores such as Target. The biotin jelly beans mentioned above are rated 4 out of 5 stars on the Target website.
How do I deal with the medical professional?
Consultation with an authorized medical professional is done by chatting on the Hers platform. There are no video or phone calls.
How long does it take to deliver the recipe?
The Hers website demands that your order arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
What if I have questions after my consultation?
Hers platform medical professionals remain available after the first consultation to answer follow-up questions and help you with changes.
Its provides easy virtual access to licensed healthcare professionals to help you manage basic health needs. Services offered include primary care, mental health care, hair care, skin care, supplements and sexual health.
For basic needs, yours may be a convenient option for receiving recipes directly from your home. Their services are limited, as you never come face to face (virtually or in person) with your medical professional.
You should still consult your primary care physician or health care professional for regular face-to-face visits for more in-depth physical and health assessments.
Ashley Braun, MPH, RD, is a Michigan-based health and wellness writer. Their work helps people understand what affects their health, so they can make informed decisions to regain control of their health and wellness journey.